October 4, 2012
A complete collection of the 38 federal acts governing U.S. information privacy law.
1. Bank Secrecy Act
2. Cable Communications Policy Act
3. CAN-SPAM Act
4. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
5. Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
6. Communication’s Assistance for Law Enforcement Act
7. Computer Security Act
8. DNA Identification Act
9. Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
10. Drivers Privacy Protection Act
11. Economic Espionage and Protection of Proprietary Information Act
12. Electronic Communications Privacy Act
13. Electronic Signatures in Global National Commerce Act (ESIGN)
14. Employee Polygraph Protection Act
15. Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (FACTA)
16. Fair Credit Reporting Act
17. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
18. Federal Computer Crime Act
19. Federal Privacy Act
20. Federal Trade Commission Act
21. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
22. Freedom of Information Act
23. Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
24. HIPAA Regulations
25. Identity Theft Assumption and Deterrence Act
26. Medical Computer Crime Act
27. OECD Privacy Guidelines
28. PATRIOT Act
29. PIPEDA Privacy Act
30. Privacy Protection Act
31. Real ID Act
32. Right to Financial Privacy Act
33. Safe Harbor Privacy Principles
34. Telecommunications Act
35. Telephone Consumer Protection Act
36. Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA)
37. Veteran’s Affairs Information Security Act
38. Video Privacy Protection Act
May 14, 2010
- Creative Content. RIAA’s victory against LimeWire marks a major victory for content creators. Holding software companies responsible for copyright infringement occasioned by individual users is a huge incentive to the creative community’s use of the Internet as a platform for commerce.
- Personal Development. Find a Mentor. (One who can answer your questions.) Follow these steps: 1) Find Mentor, 2) Create a Shared Need (Do a market study); 3) Build a Vision statement; 4) Clearly define the goal; 5) Discuss your plan; 6) Write down the Dependencies, e.g. Open Issues, Risks, etc…; 7) Identify Stakeholders, e.g. Partners, Employees, Vendors, Service Providers, Government, Public/Private institutions; 8) Mobilize commitment; 9) Draft an execution plan; 10) EXECUTE; 11) In the immortal words of my father, Irv Adler: follow up, follow up, FOLLOW UP! (Monitor and Control your execution) 12) If its not working, go back to Step 5. [Excerpted from Execution, by Ram Charan]
- Entertainment. Monetizing Original Web Content Micro-transactions (iTunes or YouTube) are real revenue drivers for episodic web programming. Combine that with advertising and sponsorship and you have a winning model. Content has to be extraordinarily compelling. You can help a video go viral by making sure the right people see it and share it with their sphere of influence.
- Start-ups. You Don’t need a PR agency. You DO need know how to turn a good idea into a great message that can be easily told, and easily spread.
- Technology. Top Ten Blackberry Apps for Small Business.
|Safeguarding Ideas, Relationships & Talent®|
Executives face an often confusing and dynamic set of challenges trying to ensure that their business remains legally compliant. Yet few can afford the highly-qualified and versatile legal staff needed to deal with today’s complex and inconstant legal and regulatory environment.
Adler & Franczyk is a boutique law firm created with a specific mission in mind: to provide businesses with a competitive advantage by enabling them to leverage their intangible assets and creative content in a way that drives innovation and increases the overall value of the business.
We approach our relationship with each client as a true partnership and we view our firm as an extension of their capabilities. Our primary value is our specialization on relevant and complex issues that maintain the leading edge for our clients. We invite you to learn more about the services we offer and how we differ.
Adler & Franczyk, LLC
On the web: www.ecommerceattorney.com
On Twitter: www.twitter.com/adlerlaw
On LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/adlerlaw