@adlerlaw is a blog devoted to helping entrepreneurs and creative professionals identify, protect and monetize their creative content and ideas. Most of my posts focus on issues related to safeguarding ideas, relationships and talent: the content is directly relevant to entrepreneurs and businesses in the creative arts and information technology industries, but any business that generates creative content (software developers, mobile application developers, start-ups, and even physicians) will find useful information.
The motivation to create @adlerlaw stems from my experiences running the Entrepreneurial & Start-up Ventures Committee and the Media, Arts & Entertainment Committee of the Chicago Bar Association, as well as public speaking in the areas of intellectual property, information technology, privacy, security and social media. Every forum meeting or presentation ended with in-depth questions from the audience. Since I rarely had time to answer these questions or provide any depth to my response, I decided to publish @adlerlaw to share my knowledge and educate creative professionals to be better consumers of legal services.
My blog is mostly focused on the protection and commercialization of ideas, usually through application of intellectual property law concepts such as trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets and publicity rights, and the legal risk and issues that arise from creative relationships with designers, manufacturers, distributors, ad agencies, retailers, and licensees.
My goal is to provide helpful content that you can use to protect your valuable creative assets by identifying potential legal trouble areas and dealing with them proactively.
Our Services Include:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC), Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) and Corporation formation and related documentation
- Draft and manage Private Placement Memorandum for investors
- Act as Outside Corporate and Intellectual Property Counsel
- Draft Operating Agreements and Partnership Agreements
- Manage regulatory compliance
- Draft and manage employee, consultant and vendor agreements (Staff, executives and consultants)
- Draft Services agreements (software development, web site development, search engine optimization services, marketing, licensing)
- Negotiate and draft business-related agreements;
- Negotiate and draft Sponsorship/Product Placement agreements
- Provide Legal Opinions on Chain of Title, Copyright Clearance, Rights of Publicity
- Provide Counsel on issues related to Fair Use
- Provide Counsel on issues related to Defamation and First Amendment rights
- Register Copyrights & Trademarks
- Provide Counsel on issues related to Trademark usage