Do you work with start-up companies and need a basic understanding of the various intellectual property issues that can arise?
I will be co-presenting in this online seminar that will help you:
- understand the trademark and copyright problems your client may encounter with branding;
- learn how to protect your client’s branding once established;
- familiarize your practice with patents, including what they protect, timing, and strategies to prevent inadvertent loss of patent rights before filing the application;
- understand trade secrets and the importance of non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements;
- recognize intellectual property issues relating to technology, including open source code and the cloud;
- establish a proactive approach toward intellectual property ownership between cofounders, employees, and vendors; understand business names, domain names, promotional issues, and website content concerns.
The program qualifies for 1.5 hours MCLE credit.
I would like to personally invite you to attend the upcoming Law Ed program titled, “Identifying Intellectual Property Issues in Start-Ups,” which I will be co-presenting via live webcast on Tuesday, May 27th.
Presented by the ISBA Business Advice and Financial Planning Section
Co-Sponsored by the ISBA Intellectual Property Section