In case you missed this year’s ForenSecure Conference on Cyber Security and Data Forensics, there is a link below to my presentation. To give you an idea how fast the law is changing in these areas, you need look no further than the state of New Mexico. New Mexico joined 47 other states when it passed its own state data breach notification law in April 2017.
Other notable and recent observations:
- On March 7, 2017, the CIA got doxed by the anti-secrecy organization WikiLeaks. Nearly 9,000 documents appeared online.
- In 2016, 106 major healthcare data breaches were attributed to hackers.
- Financial Services – Third overall security incidents, but first in number of incidents w/confirmed loss.
- University of Central Florida announced a data breach affected approximately 63,000 current and former students, faculty, and staff.
- Yahoo – general counsel resigned and the CEO lost 2016 cash payout as well as 2017 equity award.
See the full presentation with notes here: